Thursday, February 18, 2016

Neet Notebooks?

DSCF4522a
Typecast142
Post-Script: These are simple enough that anyone with a paper trimmer, stapler and corner punch can make these. I did a batch of sixteen just yesterday, and it was kind of meditative as I zoned in on folding the paper by hand as precisely as possible. The hardest part was getting the template made for printing out four covers on one sheet of paper; but the laser printing looks very nice.

Send me your postal address and I'll get one or two in the mail to you. Just give me feedback on how you like them. I always carry one in my wallet, they come in very handy for generic note-taking.

Here's a link to the video on the inspiration for Field Notes brand.

Typecast via Corona 4. I've been tinkering with the Corona this week, as I got the new feet installed. I degreased with isopropyl alcohol the ribbon mechanisms, including the vibrator and reel mechanism, then followed up with some naphtha as a light lubricant, and the ribbon spools now runs the entire length before auto-reversing. She also looks nice and shiny with a bit of car wax.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful little notebooks. Though I don't find myself having too many "manly" thoughts, I do often find myself at the motorcycle dealer, cigar store and local tavern without anything to jot down my thoughts. I need a notebook. I will be sending you my mailing address.

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home