Friday, November 13, 2015

There is no 'Street' Photography

P1100322a
Typecast114

Post-Script: Of course, this is all just my opinion. But what it has done for me is freed me from having to self-consciously think that I suck at "street," when in fact my genre of preference is really Urban landscape. So I don't have to lurk about and sneakily take photos of unsuspecting subjects, in order to satisfy someone else's expectation of what we should be doing out in public with our cameras. Conversely, were I a Social Documentarian, neither would I sneak about to surreptitiously steal other's visages; I'd engage them in conversation, develop a relationship and find opportunity to document their life.

Photo via Lumix G5 - an Urban Landscape image that just happens to contain people; this isn't "street" photography, there's nothing to see here, so please move along. Typecast via Olivetti Lettera 22.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ted said...

Freedom! Let the art flow :D

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home