Monday, November 16, 2015

Out of Obscurity

Obscure_Camera
Typecast115

Post-Script: Of course, this current blog will continue unabated and will be updated at its current rate. I might include mini-updates in this blog, to notify you when a new article has been posted to the other.

The new Obscure Camera blog link is here. You might also notice the formal Blogger name for it is "pinholeobscura" - this was because the name I wanted was already taken. As I indicated previously, the intent is for a wider swath than just pinhole, else I would have titled the blog with the same name.

I expect to be loading up a number of new paper negative scans to my Flickr account, in preparation for new blog articles.

Typecast via Olivetti Lettera 22.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ted said...

Anticipation is high! (:

2:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Excellent Joe. I was one of those you mentioned in the last post that was having difficulty getting access to F295. I even ended up spending a whole $10 to get a 'membership' only to now have it go away altogether. I do know that you were one of the highly respected contributors to F295 with many followers, including me.

I look forward to your new blog... think you'll be doing any typecasts with it?

8:57 PM  
Blogger Joe V said...

Thank you for the kind words, Eric.

I'm sorry to hear that your membership fee was to no effect. It angers me, actually; especially knowing that I toned down my rhetoric about Tom - my rough draft was less kind toward him.

But I'm looking forward, not backward, even as I revisit my older images.

As for typecasting, probably not on a regular basis, although it might be fun to do a special one, once in a while.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Bill M said...

I was only an infrequent visitor to F295, but when there always enjoyed reading and exploring. Too bad it is vanishing (except for the WaybackMachine hopefully).
I look forward to you new blog.

4:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Joe, I want to clear up the fact that my $10 contribution did get me the access to the site, and came with an apology note from Tom. I think he was just overwhelmed with the spammers and got behind on the maintenance of the forum. Add to it that Tom's focus changed more toward his excellent seminars than the forum and it was inevitable that it would fold.

I just went on the 'invisible' F295 forum again last night, and was looking around on the different categories. I'm thiniking of getting into cyanotype, since I found a couple of unopened boxes of chemicals from Photographer's Formulary. The info I absorbed from just a half an hour trip on the F295 forum was invaluable.

I hope Tom leaves the thing up if nothing more than an archive of over 10 years of experimenting by others. I'm glad you had a link on your blog, as I hadn't bookmarked the forum, and as you said, there is no mention of it on his website.

By the way, I like your new blog already!

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home