Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Polaroid Print Copier

P1100218a

Typecast066

Post-Script: I never knew these old B/W print copiers even existed, and so this was quite a surprise to find, especially given its condition, complete with owner's manual, and the price of $10. The lens appears to be clean and scratch-free; I'm not certain if it's glass or plastic, or what the quality of the resulting prints will be like. The copier's lens acts as a close-up attachment for the Polaroid camera's own glass lens, so it's probably pretty good, at least in the center of the image.

I've taken the liberty of scanning all the manual's pages, which are included in a Flickr album, here.

Typecast via Olivetti Underwood 21.

Bonus Images: A few more images of the Polaroid Model 240 Print Copier.

Both camera and copier folded up next to each other: P1100220a

The copier with its manual, and metal key for tightening the camera's tripod nut, if needed. The front bezel of the copier is a bit warped, but it doesn't affect its performance: P1100213a

There's a catch that released this fold-out panel, which also deploys the copy lens in front: P1100214a

Both lamps are accessed via these fold-out doors: P1100215a

Here's the fold-out door on the back where you insert the original Polaroid to be copied. Also note on the top panel the button that turns on the lamps and starts the analog timer running: P1100217a

5 Comments:

Blogger Ted said...

wow, what a neat little contraption! Nice score - can't wait to see the resulting prints (:

8:32 AM  
Blogger Dwayne F. said...

Really cool. Thanks for showing it mated with a camera.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

Thanks for jogging my memory. I have one of those copiers! I don't remember where. And I don't remember any instructions, nor do I remember opening the doors to access the bulbs. I do remember making just a few copies with it.I'll have to find it and give it a try again, maybe with a digital camera. I do remember the little stem to locate the camera correctly.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

I was wondering if you could use it as a camera with the paper negative, but I then realized there would be too many light leaks. So what about this? Load a roll of paper negative in the Polaroid where the negative would be, then, using a dark room bag, pull out 6" of paper and tear it off (at the end where you tear off the waste of a Polaroid, not the little door on the back). Then process later in the darkroom. If only you could make a positive instead of the paper negative.

9:55 AM  
Anonymous brain said...

Ohh Awesome work by this machine..I really liked this.I can wait for buy this one.

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home