Monday, February 09, 2015

A Keeper of Words

DSCF3144a

Typecast041

Post-Script: Reference yesterday's blog article, "Shreddings 1.0."

It's all too easy, once blogging becomes a weekly ritual, to focus one's creative output strictly for that purpose; the same, I suppose, if I were intending to be a published author, where the lines of distinction between writing and self-marketing become blurred. But writing must find another place in our lives, if it is to be a true fount of creativity. Rather than output, it needs to become an inner resource.

Typecast via Smith-Corona Silent; photo via Fujifilm X10.

2 Comments:

Blogger Richard P said...

I couldn't agree more.

I write about 100 pages a year in journals that no one sees.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Ted said...

Oh yes. I keep a plastic bin of the typescripts that don't make it to the scanner. it is now overflowing. I may take up the "excerpts" idea for a future blog post and pour through that bin. If nothing else, it'll be fun to ponder stuff I wrote and forgot about. :D

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home