Monday, October 20, 2014

The Quick Brown Fox

P1090231a

Typecast263

Post-Script: The background on today's posting is that I occasionally find myself fiddling with a typewriter in my garage, and often will become bored with the standard machine-testing pangram. Recently, I've found myself expanding on the Quick Brown Fox ditty, beginning to explore it as one would a story, to see where it might lead.

Today was one such occasion, when I had to make some adjustments to a Remington Quiet-Riter that I had, earlier this year, gifted to my brother, but which has developed a few issues (the typewriter, not the brother). After a stream-of-consciousness session of testing his machine by filling a full page with such nonsense (some of it a bit more adult-themed than this), I retired to the Man Cave and proceeded to hack out a more formal rendition.

I'm confident there are others out there in the Typosphere who've also indulged in the pleasure of crafting their own secret versions of The Quick Brown Fox. Now would be a good time to share them (hint, hint).

Photo via Lumix G5, typecast via Smith-Corona Galaxy Twelve.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Spiderwebz said...

Great story Joe, keep them coming!

11:56 AM  
Blogger RobertG said...

Meanwhile, in a nearby forest:
Whenever the black fox jumped the squirrel gazed suspiciously
:-)

4:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home