Monday, September 29, 2014

The Revolution Continues

Olivetti_Underwood_21_001Olivetti Underwood 21

Royal_Futura_800_001Royal Futura 800

Remington_Ten_Forty_001Remington Ten Forty

Typecast258

Post-Script: It's one thing to revert to manual typewriters after decades of disuse, but an entirely different thing to enter into the world of manual typewriters having been steeped in the world of the computer since childhood, as is the case with my young friend. Still, it heartens me to see this renewed interest in such things by folk younger than myself; perhaps there is hope for humanity, after all.

Typecast via Olympia SM9 De Luxe, photos via Fujifilm X10 and Lomography Fritz-the-Blitz flash.

1 Comments:

Blogger teeritz said...

If it were me, I'd go for the Olivetti. The Remingtons of the Ten-Forty's era tend to offer a sluggish typing experience. I have an Envoy III at the moment that is an uninspiring machine, to say the least, and it has me running back to the smoother action of my Lettera 32 or even my Olympia Splendid 99, which is a much older machine. I would even choose the Royal over the Remington. But that's just me. No doubt you'll have given your friend a list of the pros and cons of each machine.

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home