Sunday, November 10, 2013

The Tree Dilemma

P1060965a

Typecast180

Post-Script: The trees in question are getting too big to perform do-it-yourself tree limb trimming each season, and if I have to call a "tree guy" (not the kind that saves trees, but the kind that turns trees into mulch and firewood), I might as well get my money's worth.

I do feel bad about taking them out, but I'm also fed up with their mess. Such is humanity, the decisions we make for the "betterment" of our immediate environment seem to be a double-edged sword, with long-term negative consequences for the planet.

Bonus Photo: A view of the Remington Quiet-Riter captured with a Pinwide pinhole aperture on the Lumix G5 camera, processed in Filterstorm on the iPad2.

Remington Quiet-Riter

3 Comments:

Blogger teeritz said...

Tree's gotta go, Joe. Maybe plant some new trees somewhere else on your property? Something native to New Mex that doesn't require so much water. I would suggest putting up some sailcloth over the driveway to provide shade, but this might tempt the birds to come back and use that as a toilet.

3:59 PM  
Blogger Joe V said...

We have a small tree, grown from seed in a pot almost five years ago, that's now big enough to warrant being transplanted into the front yard, out of ballistic range from bird droppings. We've already started digging the hole.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Bill M said...

Too bad about the trees. I have the same problem with a sappy maple that hangs over the drive and covers the cars with sap. City (and the wife) won't let me remove it.

I have always replaced what I removed when it came to trees. If I take one out some place I can usually find a place for a new one or two. It'll just take them decades to grow unless they are hybrid poplar trees which I doubt would survive in NM.

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home