Sunday, October 27, 2013

Between Theory and Practice

P1060812a

Typecast176

Post-Script: I took a motorcycle ride this afternoon and stopped at a favorite coffee shop, with the intention of writing something for this blog, but stopped writing in mid-sentence after my pencil lead jammed into my sharpener and broke. I remounted the bike and rode on into the cool autumn afternoon air. Later, back home, I brought the typewriter out to my front patio and wrote this piece, totally different in subject matter from what I had been writing, hours before, at the coffee shop. Sometimes one thing prepares you for another, like priming the pump of creativity.

Typecast via Remington Quiet-Riter, photo via Lumix G5.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bill M said...

Could that just be chalked up as one of life's great experiences? Nice post.

12:53 AM  
Blogger Rob Bowker said...

Thanks Joe!

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home