Saturday, September 07, 2013

So, I Have That Going For Me...

P1060334a

Typecast158

P1060332a
(Three Slices of Pi)

Typecast159

Post-Script: I suppose if a person lives long enough, one's assemblage of things in life begins to resemble a collection, of sorts, which is distinguished from a mere pile of junk by some semblance of organization and valuation. And when one passes on to their reward, it is left up to their heirs to decide what's of value and what's best left for others to sort through.

Typecast via Remington Ten Forty, photos via Lumix G5.

Edit: Here's a link to the online HP Calculator Museum.

Errata: The HP11C and 15C are part of the Voyager series, not Pioneer as I indicated in the piece.

1 Comments:

Blogger teeritz said...

I recall seeing those scientific calculators back in high school when somebody would bring one in and we'd all marvel at the array of buttons and functions. They were pretty pricey back then too, selling for around forty bucks, at a time when a basic calculator would set you back about $10 or $15. And yes, it seemed that Hewlett-Packard and Texas Instruments were the ones to have. Every other brand was a toy compared to those. I went out and got myself a super-slim credit card-sized calculator from Tandy Electronics (the Australian version of Radio Shack. Most of their products had 'Radio Shack' printed on them, so I think it must have been a contractual thing) which cost me $25.
If you're amassing a collection of them, Joe, then yep, I would rotate them weekly.

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home