Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Oh, Deer!"

P1060393a

Typecast160

Post-Script: We are unfortunate in not knowing the fate of the animal we struck on that dark, narrow road, but are indeed glad that our passengers entrusted to our care were not at all injured. We are leaving the fate of the poor creature up to God/Marx/Darwin (depending on the reader's persuasion of choice).

We received good word from the Subaru dealership in Colorado Springs that our vehicle was indeed road-worthy, and made it back home to Albuquerque this afternoon uneventfully, staying at a conservative velocity in the far right lane, with a stop for brunch in Trinidad, and a stop for gas, over the mountain pass, in Raton.

I've been out of Internet/TV range these last few days, while staying at my aunt's house, and so had to catch up on the doings of the Typosphere once I returned home this afternoon. I also missed this week's episode of Breaking Bad, so will have to catch up next Sunday.

The piece was typed in my aunt's living room, so I had the opportunity to do a little typewriter evangelism. Actually, Aunt is an old-time typer herself, having an ancient upright Underwood in her office, which she hasn't used in several years. I'm hoping to persuade her to bash out a letter or two.

As you might be able to tell from the corrections, my Olivetti Lettera 22 skips spaces, mainly when the carriage is near the left side of the paper. If I elevate the left side of the machine up slightly, the problem is greatly reduced. Perhaps someone out there in the Typosphere can lend some repair advice to Yours Truly.

Typecast via Lettera 22, picture (of my cousin at the graveside of his dad) via Lumix G5.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cameron said...

My oldest brother graduated from the Air Force Academy in 1966, the 9th graduating class, so his first year would have been 1962.

Was your uncle there then? If he was, then my brother must have known him. Chris sent letters home regularly, and received packages from my mom.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Joe V said...

Yes, my uncle started in 1957, so he would have been there at the time your brother was.

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home