Saturday, December 15, 2012

A Joyful Postal Season

P1020682a

Typecast077

P1020683a

Typecast078

Post-Script:
No, I'm not really a Christmas Scrooge, just merely slightly over-marketed and disillusioned, to the point that the core spiritual truth behind Christmas - that of God who came to earth as a man, to die for His creation's sins - remains the one lasting and true value.

I must confess that this is the second year in a row that I have exploited the yard ornamentation of a homeowner in our neighborhood for photographic purposes, a family that we do not personally know except by the moniker of "The Rednecks." That's probably a bit too uncivil and inappropriate for the spirit of this holiday, and so next year I must make a more concerted effort to venture forth further afield for photographic subject matter to exploit for prurient interests.

To their credit, however, The Rednecks already had their inflatable lawn ornaments fully distended well before anyone else in the neighborhood, else I would have sought photographic solace elsewhere.

Typecast via Royal Futura upon thrift store-found genuine typing paper, images via Lumix G5.

2 Comments:

Blogger Richard P said...

Gotta love the Hell's Angel Snowman ...

I was copied on a mass Christmas e-mail from a relative yesterday. Sure, it's good to learn about the family's activities -- but I would rather get a handwritten, brief card on paper. It shows more effort.

4:45 PM  
Blogger Rob Bowker said...

I'd just finished illustrating a corporate "e-card" for a client when I decided no, I'd make time to sort out some proper cards to send to clients and to some clients who are also friends. I can usually rely on myself to come up with something suitably obscure and un-Christmassy. These ended up partly typed, partly penned and partly photographed. Ever tried typing on thick card? Maybe I should just include them in a blog post... Love the rednecks' motorbiking Santa!

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home