Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Thrift Store Blazer Trek

P1160359a

Typecast017

Post-Script:
I should add that, once we got back home, I proceeded to do a show-and-tell of my typewriter collection. They loved the Corona 4 and Underwood Universal. The one fella I mentioned in my previous blog article ended up choosing the Olivetti Lettera 22 over the Olivetti 21, despite the 21 being in pristine shape and being a bit better of a typer; the portability factor of the Lettera 22 won him over. So, if nothing else, we can now have a two-person type-in, here in Albuquerque.

Typecast via Remington Ten Forty.

1 Comments:

Blogger L Casey said...

I buy nearly all of my dress shirts in thrift stores. Really, if it fits (hard to do when you are as small as I am) and I like it, I buy it.
I would LOVE to have at least one other local person to share a type-in with. Really, though, I am not immensely sociable, and therefore do not get out (into social situations) often. Never, in fact. However, I just gave my brother a typewriter, and I am considering writing him some letters so he can get used to the feeling and function of the machine. Of course, this could eventually turn into a 'type in' of sorts, but he is only twelve, and the conversation is lacking most of the time. HA.

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home